- Admire my friend S. and T.'s gardening skills. The shot above is a morning glory vine on their front porch last summer.
- Junk shop in Coxsackie, Ravenna and maybe Hudson.
- Barbecue in the backyard; not worry about getting covered in sauce.
- Eat everything in site at taco night with our culinary friends one town up the road.
- Spend a night at the drive-in movie theater.
- Play with other people's dogs.
- Run! I have a half marathon next weekend and I need to get in some miles.
- Read some of my current book, The Inheritance of Loss.
Friday, May 22, 2009
It's Memorial Day weekend, which means summer is finally here. Plus, the weather in New York seems to be cooperating with my notions of when summer should start--today is absolutely beautiful. It's super-hard to be stuck at my desk all day. I'm headed upstate in about 5 hours for a long weekend with friends. Here are some of the things I hope/plan to do: