However, we stopped into three shops looking for dill and didn't find any anywhere. So, instead of the ingredients listed below, we made it with half the lemon and no Parmesan; I also added a pinch of red pepper flakes, about 1/4 c. of sun dried tomatoes and 1/4 c. of chopped fresh parsley. The results were just as delicious as the original recipe.
The actual prep time for this dish is less than ten minutes and then it bakes for 40 minutes--so, so easy!
Chicken Lemon and Dill with Orzo from Everyday Food
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 T. butter
- 1 1/4 t. coarse salt
- 1/4 t. ground pepper
- 1 lb. chicken cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb. orzo
- 4 oz. feta, crumbled
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh dill
- 2 t. grated lemon zest, plus 1 T. lemon juice
- 1 c. grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400 degress.
- Bring broth, 3/4 c. water, butter, salt and pepper to a boil in a saucepan.
- In a 3-quart baking dish, combine chicken, orzo, feta, dill, lemon zest and juice.
- Pour boiling broth mixture over orzo and stir once to incorporate.
- Bake orzo until tender and creamy (about 4o minutes).
- Sprinkle Parmesan on top and let stand 5 minutes before serving.