Here's what I did:
Portobellos with Leeks and Spinach
Inspired by Everyday Food
2 portobello mushroom caps
2-ish tablespoon olive oil
1-ish tablespoon red wine vinegar
Coarse salt and ground pepper
2 cups chopped fresh baby spinach (about 2 ounces)
1/4 cup crumbled soft goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Slice white and light green parts of leeks into half moons and wash in a salad spinner in cold water until all dirt is removed, then spin dry. Wash and dry baby spinach.
- Heat enough olive oil to coat a saute pan over medium heat, when hot add leeks to pan. Cook for three minutes or so until leeks soften. Toss in spinach and stir until wilted.
- Place portobellos on a rimmed baking sheet gill sides up; drizzle each with just a bit of oil and vinegar, and season with salt and pepper. Bake 15 minutes.
- Top the mushrooms with the cooked -leek-spinach mixture, then sprinkle goat cheese crumbles over top. Season with salt and better. Bake for an additional 10 minutes.